Surprise your friends and family with a Christmas Surprise Gift Box full of Christmas messages, little gifts and even an activity!
The innocent-looking red box tied with a white bow looks unassuming from the outside but explodes with hidden delights when you remove the lid and the box opens. Unboxing can be seen here... https://youtu.be/DReQRRWr0i0
This is a choose your own adventure box where you fill it with the pockets and complications you want. Select the number of pockets and complications you want for each box using the drop-down menus. If you select 4, 8 or 12 complications please message me with the details of the complications you have selected.
To help you decide what you need in your Christmas box let us take a tour of a box. Each exploding box is comprised of three nested boxes each with 4 leaves/flaps. Each leaf/flap can be left blank or can be decorated with pockets and/or complications as detailed in the specifications tab below.
Select up to 12 pockets and/or complications as you like. For instance, you can have
- the works with complications and pockets in all 12 places
- some pockets and complications leaving space for you to self decorate with your own photos, little treasures or notes
- nothing but the nested box for you to decorate with your own photos from Christmas' past
NB: Pocket types vary based on the inclusions you select as some complications fit or look better in different styles of pockets.
The patterns on the decorative papers are my own original illustrations and each box is custom handmade to order.
Additional cup identifiers (and fabric choices) available in a separate listing.
Looking for an exploding box for an occasion other than Christmas? Contact me for options. It would be a joy for me to create a special box for you.
!!!Not suitable for children under 5 as it has small parts!!!
--- Handmade reminder ---
Each Explosion box is handmade to order, as such while in quality, design and construction the same, slight variations will occur, this is one of the joys of handmade items they are all unique and have their own personality and irregularities are part of the handmade appeal. If a particular material is unavailable (ie. the exact same shade of red paper) we reserve the right to substitute with the closest possible alternative.
The box should be kept away from flames and other fire hazards/heat sources.
- Specifications: Surprise Box
- Joyjoie Surprise Box Shipping - Please Read
- Frequently Asked Questions
In this sample explosion box I have included most of the options:
- The smallest box
- Flower Envelope
- 3D Christmas Tree decoration
- Opening Star Card (hidden bonbon)
- Vase of Cherries with cherry pull-out
- Medium Box
- Pocket with Christmas Menu Zine (blank for you to fill out)
- Pocket with Slider "No Peeking" Card
- Pocket with glass identifier fabric covered button on a hair elastic (two extra elastics included - do not overstretch!)
- Pocket with a set of 6 vouchers
- This voucher entitles you to a free pass on the dishes
- This voucher entitles you to one afternoon nap
- This voucher entitles you to a sleep-in
- This voucher entitles you to seconds of dessert
- This voucher entitles you to ... (fill it in with your own ideas) x 2
- Large Box
- Pocket with a cellophane bag of paper confetti
- Pocket with organza Christmas Crown (ties on to fit most)
- Pocket with lightly stuffed fabric tree ornament
- Pocket with a "search word" activity
- can also be used for a treasure hunt, hide gifts in the places revealed
- comes with separate note cards with the words to be found
The largest box is approximately 9 x 9 x 9cm.
A slower version
coming soon on youtube.
Joyjoie handmade surprise boxes ship from Sydney, Australia.
The box will be shipped fully assembled for you to enjoy!
This item is made to order and it will take up to 5 business days to ship from the time you order. If you require the item for a specific date please contact me before you order or alternatively select a ready to ship item which will be posted within 2 business days of payment.
Shipping within Australia only is free for Joyjoie handmade orders over $100. For order values under $100 shipping is calculated based on the estimated parcel weight and will be posted via Australia Post. I also offer local pickup from Breakfast Point.
Time in transit will vary based on postage method selected and your location. In addition unpredictable factors including postal delays and delays in destination country customs may impact on timeframes.
For international orders, please be aware that you may need to pay additional fees such as duties or taxes when you receive the product. This is dependent upon the country taking delivery so please check the customs and import rules for you country for more information.
If you have any production or delivery queries please contact me.