Surprise your friends and family with a Memory Keeper Birthday Surprise Box full of quirky and/or sentimental photos!
The innocent-looking box tied with a bow looks unassuming from the outside but explodes with hidden delights.
When you remove the lid and the box opens. Included in the box are mini flip photo albums, sliders and a concertina as well as a bunch of balloons, "Happy Birthday" in a flower envelope, "living life is a journey" opening heart and a mini box in which you can hide a small gift or personal note.
Each box fits 29-30 photos and can be made:
- ready for you to add photos at home
- with your photos included (photos will need to be provided digitally for this option and will be resized to fit before printing on photo-paper)
Customisations are welcome including the selection of the lid (heart contrast inside the box in this colour too) and ribbon colour. Titles for the four mini flip albums are also up to you. For details on the photos needed and to see a video of a blank box please see the specifications tab below.
The patterns on the decorative papers are my own original illustrations and each box is custom handmade to order.
Additional cup identifiers (and fabric choices) available in a separate listing.
Looking for an exploding box for an occasion other than Birthdays? Contact me for options. It would be a joy for me to create a special box for you.
!!!Not suitable for children under 5 as it has small parts!!!
--- Handmade reminder ---
Each Explosion box is handmade to order, as such while in quality, design and construction the same, slight variations will occur, this is one of the joys of handmade items they are all unique and have their own personality and irregularities are part of the handmade appeal. If a particular material is unavailable (ie. the exact same shade of paper) we reserve the right to substitute with the closest possible alternative.
The box should be kept away from flames and other fire hazards/heat sources.
Example box made for my mum...
- Specifications: Memory Box
- Joyjoie Surprise Box Shipping - Please Read
- Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to selecting the photos I suggest categorising the photos into the mini albums as follows:
- Mini Flip Albums (x4 each with 4 photos and a title)
- Album Title and 4 photos (eg. The Romance - photos with significant other)
- Album Title and 4 photos (eg. The Adventures - photos from a holiday)
- Album Title and 4 photos (eg. The Family - photos of children/siblings)
- Album Title and 4 photos (eg. The Journey - photos from past birthdays)
- Mini Slider (x4 each with 3 photos)
- 3 photos in a theme (eg. photos of friends)
- 3 photos in a theme (eg. photos of a wedding)
- 3 photos in a theme (eg. photos of pets)
- 3 photos in a theme (eg. photos of the family)
- Concertina (one panorama or two small photos)
- a photo pair (eg. photo of parents)
- one panorama photo
The largest box is approximately 9 x 9 x 9cm.
This is how the blank box looks...
A slower version coming soon on youtube.
Joyjoie handmade surprise boxes ship from Sydney, Australia.
The box will be shipped fully assembled for you to enjoy!
This item is made to order and it will take up to 5 business days to ship from the time you order. If you require the item for a specific date please contact me before you order or alternatively select a ready to ship item which will be posted within 2 business days of payment.
Shipping within Australia only is free for Joyjoie handmade orders over $100 (ex.shipping). For order values under $100 shipping is calculated based on the estimated parcel weight and will be posted via Australia Post. I also offer local pickup from Breakfast Point.
Time in transit will vary based on postage method selected and your location. In addition unpredictable factors including postal delays and delays in destination country customs may impact on timeframes.
For international orders, please be aware that you may need to pay additional fees such as duties or taxes when you receive the product. This is dependent upon the country taking delivery so please check the customs and import rules for you country for more information.
If you have any production or delivery queries please contact me.